laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cary Grant and the 4 new US Fox DVD Releases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Cary Grant and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hal Prentiss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Cary Grant - Box set Reply with quote

Having just purchased the Universal-Laureate Cary Grant box set, I thought I'd just say how pleased I am with it. Beautifully packaged and excellent quality prints of all four films ( I've never seen "Bringing Up Baby" look so clean and the colours on "Indiscreet" are far better than Universal's previous VHS ).

I was interested to see Mark Fisk's remarks about the Fox box. I have not seen this anywhere. Was it ever released ? The remark about "People Will Talk" being a great film is completely at odds with Mr. Grant's own opinion of that film which he described as " a real dud. I hated it."

But, as Charles Dickens once put it " Artists are notoriously bas judges of their own work."
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Cary Grant Reply with quote

My thanks once again, Mark, for an interesting dissertation on the DVDs of a great star - and a special thank you for recommending the Universal-Laureate box.

You may, or may not, know that Cary Grant made a private recording of a song that Peggy Lee wrote for him. When I worked with Peggy back in the 1970s, she played it for me. I doubt that this will ever be issued
without permission of the Cary Grant Estate. But next time I talk with Peggy's daughter, I'll mention it. Certainly, it would make an attractive DVD extra at some point.
oscar_merkx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken

Any progress or update on that song ?

Cheers

Oscar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Cary Grant and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: