laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Devil At Four O'Clock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: The Devil At Four O'Clock Reply with quote

This film and Marriage On The Rocks are due on DVD next month.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy This is now released-£10:99 at www.hmv.co.uk but cheaper(I think)from play.com?
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: The Devil at 4 O'Clock Reply with quote

You can always get a better deal by looking around the net. I don't know how the high street stores can survive these days. One particular chain - Silver Screen - is sadly closinbg down. My wife and I noticed a knock-down clear-out sale and bought a whole load of good movies at bargain prices. If there's a Silver Screen near you, give it a shot. There are some real bargains to be had.
Neil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheapest at the moment is £8.69 from The Hut.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: The Devil at 4 O' Clock Reply with quote

Not a particularly great movie but certainly an interesting one because of the casting of Tracy and Sinatra.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Devil at 4 O' Clock Reply with quote

Ken Barnes wrote:
Not a particularly great movie but certainly an interesting one because of the casting of Tracy and Sinatra.

Many of Sinatra's films that I dismissed when they were first in the cinema have now become more watchable as I've grown older too.
When I first saw SOME CAME RUNNING,I rather missed the poignant point but now...

Of course some of the 'Ratpack'sorties are lightweight but nevertheless,entertainig and with added interest now the participants have moved into legendary status.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Sinatra on film Reply with quote

While the Rat Pack films are all fairly lightweight, it does give us a chance to see what charismatic performers they all were. In my opinion, the best of the batch is "Robin and the 7 Hoods" - and this would have or rather could have - been a masterpiece if the original director, Gene Kelly had handled the project.

An underrated Sinatra film that I like very much is "Meet Danny Wilson." I can't understand why Universal have never issued this on DVD.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a(poor)commercially released VHS version that looks as if it was taken from a USA TV replay,with a shoret into.documen.opener. Officialy released by UNIVERSAL,or so the box says!
Looks like I may not live long enough for a proper DVD release.
Neil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sinatra on film Reply with quote

[quote="Ken Barnes"]While the Rat Pack films are all fairly lightweight, it does give us a chance to see what charismatic performers they all were. In my opinion, the best of the batch is "Robin and the 7 Hoods" - and this would have or rather could have - been a masterpiece if the original director, Gene Kelly had handled the project.
quote]

Agree 100% Ken. As the late, great Benny Green once said, any film that contains songs like My Kind of Town and Style has to be worth watching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: