laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Joker Is Wild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoelCairo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: The Joker Is Wild Reply with quote

"The Joker Is Wild" is one of the most rarely seen Sinatra movies. As it also has Jeanne Crain and Mitzi Gaynor, and features "All The Way", this is mystifying. Paramount have issued "Anything Goes", a very minor musical, on DVD in Region 1, so why are they ignoring "The Joker Is Wild"?
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Spam complaints Reply with quote

Attention all genuine members.

Moderator, Karen Edwards has eliminated all questionable spam and bogus members. All existing genuine members have been retained and Karen is installing a new sutem designed to keep out all unwanted and irrelevant visitors.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully, we can now get the site back on course.

Thanks for your patience.

Ken Barnes
Rego

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ken, for this wonderful news, Very Happy It had become almost impossible to use the forum in recent weeks, which for me like so many others has proved an invaluable source of information.
Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it's back on track too. Good job to Ken, Karen and Mark and everybody. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Laureate DVD's, Fred, Frank, Bing and the rest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Laureate clean-up Reply with quote

Thanks, Ryan. I must apologise for all the recent chos, but we've all been too busy to give full attention to the problems. Now, I hope we are back on track.

I'm flying to Los Angeles later this month for business meetings and I hope to return with some good news on the DVD front.

Keep the faith

Ken
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your DVD news-
Thanks,Karen-you sorted out my password problem-PERFECTLY!
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity this is missing from the new reissues but I mustn't grumble! Very Happy
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: THE JOKER IS WILD Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

"The Joker is Wild" - being a Paramount release originally - does not come under the Warner banner and so was never a part of this recent multi-film collection.

As I understand it, this film has been part of a contractual conundrum of some sort which explains why it has never even had a VHS release.

Maybe some day it will be sorted out. I certainly hope so because it is among Frank's best work on film.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course,Ken-I'd forgotten it wasn't part of this batch for that reason.
A superb film which I too rate very highly-along with SOME CAME RUNNING-Sinatra at his very best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: