laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why isn't High Society on DVD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominic McHugh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Why isn't High Society on DVD? Reply with quote

There was a re-release of it in the cinemas in Britain this year, but there is no DVD. I wonder why not? Personally it is one of my all time favourites, with the AMAZING combination of Sinatra, Crosby AND Armstrong all at once. Has the screen ever lit up as much as when they sing 'Well, Did You Ever?'

Dominic
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Charade & High Society Reply with quote

Charade has been withdrawn from the Laureate catalogue pending the outcome of a copyright issue.

Yes, I agree it should have been in Channel 4's top 100.
But that's TV for you.

On the matter of "High Society" ( the biggest box office hit of 1956-'57 ), I've heard a rumour that Ted Turner's company ( who are now connected with Warner Brothers )is currently working on a Special Edition DVD. How true this is, I don't know. But it would make sense in view of the film's enduring appeal.

Ken.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy HIGH SOCIETY is available on DVD-I got my copy from play.com
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also available as a twofer coupled with CALAMITY JANE at £5:99 delivered(play.com).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: