laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A superb Holiday DVD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin East

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: A superb Holiday DVD Reply with quote

Dear Ken Barnes,

Congratulations on a truly exceptional DVD presentation of "Holiday Inn." What a joy it is to experience the shining talents of Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire and the great score by Irving Berlin. This is what professionalism is all about. And the DVD production is breathtaking. I've never seen better moving menus - and the ease of access from one category to another is an object lesson in how DVDs should be presented.

I've never heard a more illuminating audio commentary. I've been a Crosby fan since I was 18 ( I'm now 32 ) and I've learned things about "Holiday Inn" that I never knew. The spoken contributions from Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire and John Scott Trotter are fascinating and engrossing. This sets the standard by which all audio commentaries should be judged.

The quality of Universal's film print is the best I've ever seen. It was like seeing "Holiday Inn" for the first time.
A great film made even greater through the medium of DVD.
Please let's have more classic musicals like this on DVD.

C.E.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Praise All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: