laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal Wedding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith Davenport

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Royal Wedding Reply with quote

I have bought your DVD of Royal Wedding and I am Not sure if I have a poor copy or that this is how the transfer went.
There is a lot of video noise in chapter 15 'Too Late Now' and similar noise at the end when Fred tells Sarah that her man in America is married. This noise is not on a VHS recording that I made from TCM. I am pleased to have a copy of this film on DVD and if this is how it transfered I still feel it's good value. Please let me know if all copies are like mine or have I bought a poor one.

Regards
Keith.
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Royal Wedding transfer Reply with quote

Dear Keith Davenport,
In producing the DVD of "Royal Wedding" we were obliged to use the print that was made available to us. Apparently, the original negative no longer exists. It would appear that it was destroyed in a fire some years ago at MGM. So a really good print is hard to come by.

What we did with our version was to apply grading and as much scratch removal as we could before processing. While the results are not perfect, we did obtain the blessing and approval of Fred Astaire's daughter,Ava - who also consented to contribute to an audio commentary - and we added some interesting extras ( like the graphic explanation
of how the dancing-on-the ceiling was achieved). Happily, the DVD has been a success despite a slightly sub-standard print. Still, I trust you'll enjoy the disc for the additional pleasures that it contains.

Thanks for you kind support.

Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: