laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forthcoming Boxed Sets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Bakker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Forthcoming Boxed Sets Reply with quote

Ken,

Wow! 16 films to be released before the end of November? How do you do it? I'm amazed and delighted of course.
Fred & Ginger, Bob, Bing, Dorothy, Cary, Groucho, Harpo, Chico and Zeppo.What a fantastic treat to look forward to!
The Marx Brothers set does surprise me a bit. I have never seen decent prints of these films. It must be a nightmare trying to locate good material for transfer onto DVD.
I seem to remember that 'Animal Crackers' was not seen for years until Marx Brothers fans persuaded Paramount (or Universal) to strike a new print of the film.
Actually the technical side of film restoration facinates me. Maybe you should include a documentary about how you located the films and then restored them. Would make good viewing.
By the way. When you have completed this mamouth project ( and released Bing's 'Seasons'!)how about some WC Fields and Mae West on DVD.
Sorry Ken, you must have enough requests to keep you busy over the next 10 years!
Regards,
Mark
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: New Boxed Sets Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. It looks like the new batch have met with general approval and should do very well.

We've given the films the best treatment, grading, de-spotting, audio sweetening etc. and I think the results in just about every case will show the films to the best possible advantage.

The Marx Brothers films - being over 70 years old now - must be accepted for what they are. Vintage classics.

The elements on"Bringing Up Baby" were not of the highest standard. But our version is certainly in better condition than the recent showing on BBC. Elsewhere, the films are in generally good shape and I think you'll approve of the results.

Thanks forgetting in touch

Ken

P.S. "Seasons" will be issued next year
B.Conley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: New Releases Reply with quote

Great to know that so many classic films will be available on DVD before the end of this year. The four boxed sets
offering a total of 16 films must be some kind of a record from a single production company.

Following your recent and wonderful "Citizen Kane," I would say that Universal's faith in Laureate is well placed. Here's one cutomer who is eagerly awaiting the results.

More power to you.
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: New releases Reply with quote

Dear B. Conley,

My thanks for your comments. Your support is much appreciated.

Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Coming Soon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: