laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROAD To - Box set

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Auger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: ROAD To - Box set Reply with quote

I can attest to the excellence of the new ROAD box set. I wish it contained all of the Roads - except Hong Kong ( which I'm not crazy about ).

Also the Fred and Ginger Collection is a must. Thanks to Ken Barnes and Laureate, my DVD collection of classic movies is now becoming more interesting.
Christoph Nestel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: ROAD TO COLLECTION wit German audio ? Reply with quote

Hello,

now does any film within the ROAD TO COLLECTION have the original old German theatrical audio ? I didn't find any information on the web so far. ROAD TO SINGAPORE is the only one of the four, which never had a theatrical release in Germany, so there's nothing to talk about.

The other three were dubbed in 1949 (MOROCCO), 1950 (ZANZIBAR) and 1951 (UTOPIA). Great comedian Georg Thomalla was the German voice of Bob Hope. You can also hear him for Danny Kaye on the UK WHITE CHRISTMAS DVD, which has German audio. Would be very glad, if anybody could point out this. This is very important to me, as I've been looking for these versions for years unsuccessfully. But I'm only going for these old versions, not for any new dubbings, because I have noe problems watching a film in English language.

Thanks for all your kind help,

Christoph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Boxed Sets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: