laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHEAPSKATES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.M

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: CHEAPSKATES Reply with quote

While I'm a supporter and collector of Laureate's DVD editions, I have decided not to buy the Marx Brothers DVD boxed set and stay with my VHS copies. I think Universal's cheapskate approach to a great comedy team does not deserve support and I'm certainly not going to pay £35 for something I've already got.

Extras and Special Features are the lifeblood of the DVD. This what makes them collectable.
Alan Moorehouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Cheap and Shoddy Reply with quote

I fully agree with J.M. that Universal's cheap and shoddy approach to the Marx Brothers deserves to be shunned.

This is not the way to present one of the greatest comedy teams of all time. They should take a leaf out of the Warner Brothers book and look at their superb presentation of Charlie Chaplin. This is what DVD is all about.
Bob Endersby

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: DVD Extras-Marx Brothers Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more with J.M. re. the Marx Brothers box set. It's the cheapest looking box set I've ever seen and a complete insult to a great comedy team. Even the chapters have no titles or reference names.

To offer these classic films with no extras is ludicrous in this day and age when customers expect something better from DVD.

Extras are an essential part of this market and for this reason I,too, refuse to buy this box set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: