laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play in U.S.?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Play in U.S.? Reply with quote

Hi,

Just found your site through About's Classic Film site - congratulations on being chosen for Best New Links section.

I want to know if your DVDs will play in U.S. region code 1 DVD players?

I am very interested in your upcoming release of "Meet John Doe", especially since it will include a radio broadcast of "For Whom the Bell Tolls" with Cooper and Bergman.

Thanks,
Michelle
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: MEET JOHN DOE Reply with quote

Hello, Michelle,
Thanks for your note and for your kind interest in our company. In reply to your question, all of our releases are code free. Although our first three titles CHARADE,ROYAL WEDDING & SECOND CHORUS were all mastered in the PAL format,I'm happy to tell you that our next batch of releases - which will include MEET JOHN DOE - will be in NTSC and will certainly be playable on your equipment.

We have only just completed production on DOE and, you'll be pleased to know that it contains well over six hours of extras inc. the 1945 radio broadcast of FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS. We've had to do quite a bit of cleaning-up on this rarity - but I think you'll agree that the results, while not perfect, have been worth the effort. Also, in one of the featurettes "Meet Mr. Cooper," you'll find the theatrical trailer for the 1943 film.

Once again, thanks for getting in touch.

Kind regards. Ken B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: