laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who knows about a2zcds.com and the quality of dvd releases ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christoph Nestel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Who knows about a2zcds.com and the quality of dvd releases ? Reply with quote

I noticed a new dvd company which has a huge amount of lesser known classic films, b-pictures etc released to dvd:

http://www.a2zcds.com/PRReadMore.asp?PrId=1

I'd like to hear from a customer's point of view what their releases like. From the prices they claim for their bare-bone-dvds one would judge these must be near-to-perfect-high-quality restorations but I doubt. So do they licence their material from (former) copyright owners or is this just another public domain company or sort of expensive "Alpha video" ? At least their covers have totally amateurish "pd look". Otherwise the screenshots of the films they offer at their home page often look not too bad.

E.G. they offer the 1942 PRIVATE BUCKAROO with The Andrews Sisters, Harry James and Donald O'Connor which is a Universal film various pd dvds are available of. So I wonder if this is licenced by Universal now.

http://www.a2zcds.com/Products/Private_Buckaroo_DVD_425.htm

Best, Chris
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: a2z dvd TITLES Reply with quote

Hi Christoph.

As far as I can tell this catalogue is made up entirely of PD titles. Certainly "Private Buckaroo" is in the public domain and thesame would seem to apply to everything in the list. As for the quality, this is hard to say. Many of the titles are alrteady available on various different labels.
Some in better shape than others. I could only suggest that if a certain title appeals to you for its rarity value, it may be worth ordering just to have it in your collection. But don't be too surprised, or disappointed, if it turns out to be poor.

Thanks, Christoph, for bringing this to our attention.

Ken
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: A2Z DVD Reply with quote

You're right, Mark. The guarantee does it make it unusually interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Coming Soon All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: