laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playusa.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Astaire and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark J. Bakker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Playusa.com Reply with quote

Well, i tried to order 'Daddy Long Legs' from Playusa.com and the site is telling me i can't order the DVD as it's a muisc DVD. How annoying!
Guess that i will have to wait until July unless visitors to this site have any other suggestions.

Playusa DID let me order the new Busby Berkeley boxed set, which makes this situation even more fustrating!

Mark Bakker
Bristol
United Kingdom
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Daddy Long Legs-Busby Berkeley Reply with quote

Mark,

It sounds to me like Playusa is suffering from schizophrenia. If They can't sell you "Daddy Long Legs" because it's "music" how do they categorise the Busby Berkeley set which, if anything, contains far more music ?

If you want to order DLL try www.store4dvd.com - I'm sure you'll have no problem and you might even get a better deal.

Ken
Jean Wilson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Dancing Lady Reply with quote

Of course it's good to learn that Dancing Lady is coming on DVD but, like a lot of collectors, I'm not sure if I want to buy a complete box set of Clark Gable just to get about 5 minutes of Fred Astaire. I only hope that Warners will issue this film as a single DVD.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Daddy Long Legs Reply with quote

I've heard from a friend of mine that "Daddy Long Legs" ( release date Feb 21 ) is on the cover of this month's Critic's Choice. Will it contain any extras ?
D. Prosser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Daddy Long Legs & new Fred & Ginger Reply with quote

The Region 1 DVD of "Daddy Long Legs" will contain an audio commentary by Laureate's Ken Barnes in conversation with Ava Astaire Mackenzie plus an archive interview with the film's composer, Johnny Mercer. Also footage of the film's premieres in Los Angeles and London.

I was just wondering if anyone has yet bought Universal's second box set of Fred and Ginger. Does it offer any interesting extras ?
beaukoojack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: daddy lls Reply with quote

try this http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7001166&style=movie&cart=312222009
Neil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some titles are strangely not deliverable by PlayUSA.com whilst others are and there appears to be no reason behind what can and what cannot be sent out.

I have found Play to be reliable and quick in most cases though not always the cheapest.

I'm loathe to criticise them too badly because I won a holiday to Hollywood in one of their compettitions last year!

Best advice I thing is to shop around and try a price comparison site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Astaire and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: