laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SUDDENLY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reg Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: SUDDENLY Reply with quote

Dear Ken Barnes.

What a great DVD you've done on SUDDENLY. I've been trying to find a decent print of this movie for years without any luck. Not only have you delivered a great looking picture and soundtrack but the extras - including your commentary and the work of the great Rich Little - make this disc a real gem.

Knowing your reputation as a record producer, scriptwriter and broadcaster, I expected the disc to be good - and I certainly wasn't disappointed.Are you planning to do any more of Sinatra ?

Thanks
Reg Johnson
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Suddenly Reply with quote

Dear Reg,
Your enthusiasm for our DVD of SUDDENLYis much appreciated. Yes, we will be releasing more Sinatra material. I'm leaving for California this week for meetings with the Sinatra office to discuss both film and TV titles for DVD.

So watch this space.

Many thanks for your interest.
Cheers
Ken Barnes
Judy Schmid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw part of this on Turner Classic Movies last week but had to turn off the TV just soon after Sinatra appeared in the film - argh! Have no idea of the plotline - maybe someone here can send it to me? Thanks!

schmid@twcny.rr.com

judy
mgcroadster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this review help: http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s1220sudd.html
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: SUDDENLY Reply with quote

Thanks for sending this review. The film is,of course, PD and there are a dozen or more dreadful versions of it around on various labels. This review refers to the Image version which, I'm sure, is good and well above average.

The Laureate version - which we released back in 2001 ( and continues to sell quite nicely ) - may be a better deal than the Image release for two reasons: 1. The print is in near-pristine condition. 2. It contains a wealth of interesting extras and 3. It was produced with the knowledge and full approval of the Sinatra office.

Regards
Ken Barnes
Judy Schmid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, guys - yes, thanks for that link - it was perfect!

Thanks, too, Ken!

Very Happy

judy
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy SUDDENLY is on very late tonight UK BBC TV TWO.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: SUDDENLY Reply with quote

This was one of the first DVDs we ever produced. It's a public domain movie,of course. But we did have some support from the Sinatra office on the extras. This was in 2001, but the DVD is still available.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I have your DVD release Ken-very gratefully.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: SUDDENLY Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark. Glad you liked it. The only thing about it that's a little uncomfortable is that Rich Little's note of thanks to Frank refers to their fundraising concert in Ottawa on September 11. Of course, the DVD was made in early 2001 so it's not THAT September 11.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: