laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judy Garland Club Meeting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Judy Garland Club Meeting Reply with quote

Hi everyone! My name is Sarah and I just joined here. Gary Horrocks from The Judy Garland Club asked me to pass on some info about the forthcoming club meeting for anybody who is interested:

The International Judy Garland Club is delighted to announce a special event to be held on Sunday 23rd April 2006 starting at 12.00 o'clock and finishing at around 5.30 pm at the Weston Education Centre, Cutcombe Road, Denmark Hill, London SE5. The day will include:
A presentation and film shows about Judy's mid-1950s television debut in two prime-time live specials presented on cinema-sized screen
A half hour preview of excerpts from the Club's video archive: memories of Judy recounted by Club members in never before seen footage
An advance copy of Rainbow Review issue 34: a glossy pictorial programme specially published for the event
Memorabilia sales including rare audio material, a raffle and a brief auction
Wine and nibbles
The cost will be £12.50 for advance bookings and £15 on the door. An additional £4 will be charged for those who would like a light lunch at the venue.

For further information contact Gary Horrocks gary@judygarlandclub.org 020 8299 5864

Go to: www.judygarlandclub.org for further information.

The London-based International Judy Garland Club (established in 1963 with Judy's support and blessing) celebrates her life, career and influence of through the promotion of her film, recording and live performances. The Club publishes the widely acclaimed Rainbow Review and has an archive of rare Judy material.

Travel: The Weston Education Centre (WEC) is located at Denmark Hill in south London. Car parking spaces are very limited and we recommend that you consider using public transport or a cab or asking a friend or relative to drop you there. If you have access to the Internet you can use Transport for London's Journey Planner at journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

Otherwise please follow the following travel guidelines:
By bus: The WEC is within walking distance of a number of bus stops. Buses from central London include 40 (London Bridge), 185 (Victoria), 176 (Charing Cross), 68 (Euston) and 42 (Liverpool Street).
By rail: The WEC can be reached by bus from the following underground stations.
Brixton (Victoria line), bus routes 35 and 45; Oval (Northern line), bus route 185; Elephant & Castle (Bakerloo line and Northern line Bank branch) bus routes 35, 40, 45, 68, 176 and 468.
The nearest over ground train station is Denmark Hill, a five minute walk from the WEC. There are regular trains to Denmark Hill station from London Bridge, London Victoria and London Blackfriars
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Judy Garland meeting Reply with quote

Thanks, Sarah, for passing on all this useful information. I wish I could make it myself, but unfortunately, I'm out of the country on the 23rd.

However, we do have many visitors to this website who are fans of the great Judy and this info. will certainly be of interest.

Good luck with the meeting

Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Judy Garland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: